The architect's rendering.
Expanding Services of the East Islip Public Library.
The surrounding community has nearly doubled since the construction of the current building in 1966. The new expansion will enable us to better serve our community in a number of ways:
With over 200,000 items inhouse, we will be able to continue expanding our collections, without the need to discard older items.
- There will be added space for local Historical Societies and other community groups to display and archive historical materials.
- Additional services will be offered to seniors including an expanded Large Print Collection.
- Quiet study space will be expanded, as well as separate designated areas for children and adults.
- Elevator access will be provided to each floor of the building.
- The library will be fully handicapped accessible.
- Additional parking will be available in the front of the building.
The Library will remain open through the majority of the expansion. After the completion of the expansion and renovation project, the library will be designed to better accommodate the services currently provided in a more efficient and cost-effective manner.
To keep up with the progress of the expansion project, click the links on the left hand side to get to the pages that pertain to the timeframe you wish to view. Click here to start with September 2003.
To view Historical Photos from the original 1966-1967 Construction project, click here.