The library has an HP Laserjet M402dw black and white wireless printer located at the Circulation Desk in the front of the library.
You must be connected to the East Islip Library Public Wi-fi network to access this printer.
- Black and White printing only
- Duplex Printing (double-sided)
- 10 cents per page. If double-sided, 10 cents per side
- Pay and receive prints at the circulation desk
Printing from an iPad
- Open the app you want to print from. Find the print option by tapping the app’s share icon or . If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
- In the “Printer Options” box tap Select printer then select “EI Library Public Printer.”
- Tap “Options” to change page print options and page range if desired.. Note number of pages. You will be charged for each side printed.
- Tap “Print.” Pick up and pay for your print job at the Circulation Desk.
Printing from a Macbook
The following instructions assume AirPrint is installed on your laptop (Mac OS X 10.7 or later). For older laptops a driver must be installed. See “Printing from a Laptop” below.
- Open an item that you want to print, then choose Print from the File menu, or press Command-P.
- Choose “EI Library Public Printer” from the Printer pop-up menu, which lists nearby printers. You may need to wait a moment for the printer to appear in the menu.
- Select “Options” to change printer options if desired.
- Select “Print.” Pick up and pay for your print job at the Circulation Desk.
Printing from a Laptop
To print from a laptop you will need to install a printer driver.
For a full list of HP M402dw drivers, click here.
- Once the proper driver is downloaded, double click on the driver file and click “Run.”
- Agree to terms and click “Next” on HP dialog box.
- Select “Help me set up a first-time wireless connection” and select “Yes” under “Allow Wireless Network Setup to retrieve your wireless settings.” Select “Next.”
- Driver will install on computer. Deselect “Set as default printer” and “Print a test page” on final installation page. Select “Finish.”
- To print, select print from menu in software application and find “HP Laserjet Pro M-402-M403 PCL6” in printer dialog box.
Printing from a Mobile Device
The HP Print Service plugin comes pre-installed on many Androids and other mobile devices. Select the print option from the app on the device. If installed, “EI Library Public Printer” will appear in the print dialog box. If it doesn’t, visit http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/mobility/overview.html to find out how to print from your particular device.
(Android, Chromebook, Windows Tablet, Kindle Fire and more)